Číslo 2

Permanent URI for this collection


Recent Submissions

Now showing 1 - 5 of 6
  • Item
    Fontes Nissae - Prameny Nisy. Historie, památky, umění XXII, 2021, č. 2
    (2021) kolektiv autorů
    kompletní číslo periodika
  • Item
    „Sbírka Waldes“ v letech 1946–1977. Cesta sbírkového fondu Waldesova muzea knoflíků a spínadel z pražských Vršovic do Muzea skla a bižuterie v Jablonci nad Nisou
    Hrušková, Kateřina
    The study captures the fate of the original collection of the Waldes Museum of Buttons and Fasteners between 1946 and 1977, in the period from its closure to full inclusion in the collection of the Museum of Glass and Jewelery in Jablonec nad Nisou. The Waldes Museum existed between 1916 and 1946 in Pražské Vršovice as a private museum institution founded by the industrialist and collector Jindřich Waldes as part of the company Waldes & Co. The text focuses on the fate of the part of the collection whic h has been managed by the Museum of Glass and Jewellery in Jablonec nad Nisou since 1973, and wh ich has been stored as a UPM deposit for a long time, especially at Jemniště Castle. The Museum of Glass a nd Jewellery has included in its collection the funds of many museum institutions and parts of private collections. This „Vršovice collection“ has a very complex destiny, which definitely deserves attention. The main goal of the study is to answer the question why this ensem ble became a part of the Jablonec Museum. Its second goal attempts to point out in this particula r case how difficult it was to deal meaningfully with confiscated collections. The study was created on the basis of an analysis of many archi val materials, selected articles in periodicals or promotional publications. The history of the above-mentioned ensemble for the period between 1946 and 1977 has not yet been elaborated.
  • Item
    Světlo a sklo. Závod na lustry v Kamenickém Šenově
    Freiwillig, Petr
    The study deals with an industrial complex for the production of chandeliers and lighting fixtures, built between 1966 and 1977 in Kamenický Šenov. The plant was a continuation of the local tradition of chandelier production, dating back to the first half of the 18th century. It concentrated most of the individual enterprises, nationalized in 1945, in one area. In addition to the Crystalex glass complex being built at the same time in Nový Bo r, this is the most important building in the second half of the 20th century in the Borskošenov glass region. The construction was part of a comprehensive investment initiative of socialist Czechoslovakia from the first half of the 1960s. The a im was to support the successful export industry branches by the construction of new plants, bringing foreign exchange and prestige to the national economy. Today, the plant is a part of the PRECIOSA holding and still serves its original purpose.
  • Item
    Franz Metzner a Liberecko
    Mohr, Jan
    The article, written on the occasion of the 150th anniversary of the birth of the German-Czech sculptor Franz Metzner (November 18, 1870), focuses on Metzner‘s ties to northern Bohemia and Liberec, his sculptural and personal ties to the local environment. The text is accompanied by an edition of Metzner‘s correspondence, which draws from the surviving copiers from 1906–1918, stored in the Germanisches Nationalmuseum in Nürnberg, Abteilung Deutsches Kunstarchiv. In addition to mentions of the Liberec fountain, a number of letters has been preserved on the creation of a monument to Heinrich von Liebieg for Liberec, which finally not realized. The only work done for the Liberec (Reichenberg) region and the Frýdlant (Friedland) region, respectively, was a hundred-circle portrait relief for the monument to Emperor Joseph II, created in 1912 and lost today. In this context, the Raspenava (Raspenau) painter Franz Wenzel Jäger, Metzner‘s longtime friend, also plays an important role, to whom letters concerning non-artistic matters are also attached.
  • Item
    Venkovská usedlost če. 2 v Kojecku, příspěvek k vývoji roubeného patrového domu na Českodubsku
    Konvalinková, Tereza; Ouhrabka, Martin
    The study focuses on the building history of the house number 2 in Kojecko in the co ntext of a long-term survey of the oldest settlements of vernacular architecture in the Českodubsko region and in Pojizeří. It is a historical homestead with an interesting design. It is important to the knowledge of the development of the two-storey country houses. So far, the survey has focused on the regionally specific building stock of more archaic forms of a two-storey house with a high blocka of living rooms. The documentation of house no. 2 was mo tivated by the effort to supplement the survey with knowledge of the beginning of the ex tension of the type of a two-storey timbered house with a full chamber situated above the living room. The results of the research mainly specified the timeline of the beginning o f the occurrence of this variant of the house in the studied area. The construction of the house took place at the turn of the 17th and the 18th century. To some extent, it corresponds with the general assumption of this time. It builds on previous research, which provided ro ugh dating of the houses with high rooms between 1640s to the 1690s. The survey is supplement ed by an archival search of the building and the urban development of the locality.