- ItemEVALUATION OF THE COMPATIBILITY OF POLYORGANYLSILOXANES AND HIGH-MOLECULAR POLYMERS USED AS EMULSIFIERS IN FINISHING WORKS(Technical University of Liberec, ) HOROKHOV, IHOR; KULISH, IRINA; ASAULYUK, TATYANA; SARIBYEKOVA, YULIA; SEMESHKO, OLGA; MYASNYKOV, SERGEY; Technická univerzita v LiberciThe compatibility of polyorganylsiloxanes and high-molecular polymers used as emulsifiers was evaluated. The surface and bulk properties of the studied compounds were evaluated using the solubility parameters (δ). It is shown that the copolymers of acrylic acid compound – polyacrylamide and hydrolyzed polyacrylamide, as well as polyvinyl alcohol without residual acetate groups in the macromolecule have the highest degree of incompatibility with polyorganylsiloxanes. It was established that the presence of residual acetate groups in the macromolecule of polyvinyl alcohol leads to an increase in the degree of compatibility of polymers. The calculated data on the fractions of solubility parameters and cohesive energy of polyorganylsiloxanes and emulsifying polymers are presented. The contributions of the components of polymers cohesive energy due to the fractions of dispersion interaction αd, dipole-dipole interaction αdd, and hydrogen bonding αh, as well as their influence on the degree of solubility of the polymer – emulsifier system, are shown. The choice of polyvinyl alcohol with residual acetate groups as an emulsifier for polyorganylsiloxanes is theoretically substantiated based on the concept of the solubility parameter as a measure of the affinity of the system components. The developed approach to assessing the compatibility of the polymer – emulsifier system is of practical importance for the creation of polymer compositions in the finishing works.
- ItemUSE OF CHITOSAN AS ANTIMICROBIAL, ANTIVIRAL AND ANTIPOLLUTION AGENT IN TEXTILE FINISHING(Technical University of Liberec, ) ELAMRI, ADEL; ZDIRI, KHMAIS; BOUZIR, DHOUHA; HAMDAOUI, MOHAMED; Technická univerzita v LiberciWith the industrial developments in recent times, the textile industry also needs sustainable and environmental-friendly resources. Today’s world has been overburdened with the use of synthetic or hazardous materials in day-to-day life. Chitosan polymer obtained from chitin deacetylation, having a lot of properties beneficial to mankind without being hazardous to environment and humans is currently gaining popularity for research and development all over the globe. Antimicrobial and antiviral textile finishing with the help of chitosan is a new trend in the textile field. Also, chitosan having good adsorption properties finds its application in textile effluent treatments. This review reports and discusses multifunctional finishing and dyeing of textiles with chitosan and highlights its application for textile wastewater treatment.
- ItemDEVELOPMENT OF A METHOD TO DIGITIZE CLOTHING PATTERNS(Technical University of Liberec, ) ZAKHARKEVICH, OKSANA; KOSHEVKO, JULIA; SKYBA, MYKOLA; DITKOVSKA, OLESYA; SELEZNEVA, ANNA; LUSCHEVSKA, OLENA; Technická univerzita v LiberciThe study aims to develop a method to digitize a clothing pattern without a digitizer. For this study, we address the following objectives: formulate a hypothesis of the method, describe the method’s algorithm, and perform testing and evaluation of the developed method. The idea of the developed method is as follows: digitizing the clothing patterns might be achieved without digitizer by applying modification tools of the pattern design systems to the digital simple geometrical forms constructed directly in the graphical environment of the system. Testing and evaluation of the developed method confirmed the initial hypothesis. The achieved result of the current study is the alternative method to digitize clothing patterns when it is necessary to avoid additional costs.
- ItemEFFECT OF DIFFERENT CRIMP METHOD OF JUTE FIBRE ON STRENGTH AND ELONGATION PROPERTIES OF JUTE YARN AND WOVEN FABRIC(Technical University of Liberec, ) AKTER, SHILPI; MOTALAB, MOHAMMAD ABDUL; HELALI, MAKSUD; Technická univerzita v LiberciYarn and fabric strength is one of the most important parameters to predict the uses of the end product. Fabric strength mostly depends on yarn strength and yarn strength is prejudiced by fibre strength or fibre properties. Crimp is one of the essential parameter that influences the fibre properties. In this research, crimp box and gear crimp methods were used to introduce crimp into jute fibre. It was found that crimps were irregular in size, shape and number produced from crimp box method. On the other hand, crimps produced from gear crimp method were comparatively regular in size, shape and number. Yarn and fabric strength tests were carried out according to testing standard. It was revealed that yarn strength and elongation at break of gear crimp method were higher than that of crimp box method. Apart from this, fabric strength and elongation were also improved for a regular and increased number of crimps for gear crimp method.
- ItemTRAVELLER CLEARER GAUGE CONSEQUENCE ON YARN QUALITY(Technical University of Liberec, ) SIDDIQUA, TOUFIQUA; AZIZ, TOWFIK; CHOWDHURY, MAHMUD FARHAD; TANIA, SHAHRIN IMANA; Technická univerzita v LiberciTraveller clearer is an important part of the ring frame machine because, without it, fiber flying in the traveller cannot be cleaned. As a result, fiber congests travellers which may lead to a rise in end breakage rate as well as declination of quality of yarn. Six ring spun yarns of count 85’s tex were produced by using different traveller clearer settings and Burkina Faso cotton fiber was used as a raw material. Both High Volume Instrument (HVI) along with Advanced Fiber Information System (AFIS) was used for recognizing the fiber properties. The ring-spun yarn was produced from the roving count of 985 tex and spindle speed was kept at 7000 R.P.M. with Twist Per Meter (TPM) 492. Evenness properties, as well as strength of yarns, were measured with Uster Tester-6 and Titan Single Yarn Strength Tester respectively, and end breakage rate was studied. One-way ANOVA test was accomplished for all properties of yarn by using Microsoft Excel 2019. Traveller clearer gauge with 3.10 mm shows the best result among the other samples. Yarn properties such as imperfection index, hairiness, Sh (-), tenacity, and processing performance like end breakage rate express the best values. ANOVA result shows a significant difference for all properties except elongation.