Now showing 1 - 5 of 8
- ItemSTUDY OF THE INFLUENCE OF ANTIMICROBIAL AGENTS ON THE OPERATIONAL AND HYGIENIC PROPERTIES OF CELLULOSE MATERIALS(Technical University of Liberec, ) Paraska, Olga; Kovtun, Hrystyna; Hes, Lubos; Horiashchenko, Serhiy; Technická univerzita v LiberciAt the present stage of development of society, in pandemic conditions, people are experiencing the growing influence of man-made factors (energy flows of internal and external origin, ionizing radiation, etc.), some drugs, pathogenic microflora (fungi, viruses, bacteria, intracellular parasites). The origination of a critical mass of parasitogens can be prevented by using, in addition to traditional methods of prevention and treatment, textile materials with certain additional properties obtained by antimicrobial treatment. The aim is to study the change in the operational and hygienic properties of cellulosic materials after treatment with antimicrobials. To assess the effect of antimicrobials (biguanide derivatives and quaternary ammonium salts) on the operational and hygienic properties of cellulosic materials (cotton fabric) the following indicators were taken into account: strength, stiffness, wrinkle recovery, capillarity of materials, structural and morphological characteristics. The results of research have confirmed the possibility of using solutions of antimicrobial agents for effective processing of wares, without destructive effects on the structure of cellulosic materials; allowed to introduce a research methodology to provide antimicrobial properties of cellulosic materials of different assortment.
- ItemTHE INFLUENCE OF CORE - SHELL RATIO ON CHARACTERISTICS OF MICROCAPSULES CONTAINING CINNAMON ESSENTIAL OIL APPLIED TO AROMATHERAPEUTIC TEXTILES(Technical University of Liberec, ) Huong, Chu Dieu; Thi Chinh Thuy, Dao; Thi Tu Trinh, Nguyen; Technická univerzita v LiberciMicroencapsulation is one of the techniques to prepare the functional textiles. In this paper the essential cinnamon oil loaded microcapsules were prepared by solvent evaporation method. In the microencapsulation process, the core - shell ratio was changed by altering the cinnamon oil content in four levels of 0.15, 0.25, 0.35 and 0.45 g while the other components remained unchanged. The microcapsule characteristics including shape and morphology, size and size distribution, microencapsulation efficiency in dependence on the core-shell ratio were investigated. The antimicrobial capacity and the fragrance durability of interlock knitted fabric coated with the elaborated microcapsules were evaluated. The results showed that cinnamon oil was microencapsulated successfully in the spherical microcapsules. When the cinnamon oil content increased, the microcapsule size decreased and the size distribution became broader, the microcapsules were more porous and more aggregate, the fragrance intensity of the fabric treated with microcapsules increased while the activity against E. coli bacteria decreased. According to the results, the microcapsules elaborated with 0.15 g of cinnamon oil was recommended for the treatment of interlock cotton knitted fabric to apply in aroma and antimicrobial textiles.
- ItemFASTNESS PROPERTIES IMPROVEMENT OF FLUORESCENT PIGMENTS(Technical University of Liberec, ) Islam, Md. Khayrul; Mamun Kabir, Shekh Md.; Hosen, Md. Dulal; Islam, Md. Azharul; Technická univerzita v LiberciThe resistance of the material to a change of its color characteristics during exposure to sunlight, rubbing and washing as domestic and laundry and other various ways are referred to as color fastness of dyes or pigments. In this research, 100% cotton and blended fabrics were dyed with fluorescent pigments i.e. Shining Flu Pink-F17 and Papillion Orange-FGRN in exhaust dyeing method. The improvement of color fastness properties, i.e. color fastness to washing, rubbing, perspiration and light were observed with the treatment of using antioxidants and UV-absorbers. There were eight samples of dyed fabrics (Four samples of 100% cotton knit fabric and four samples of 60/40 cottonpolyester blended fabrics) treated with 1% (v/v) of antioxidants i.e. Gallic acid, L-Ascorbic acid and UV absorbers i.e. 2-hydroxy-4 methoxy-benzophenone, 4-4 dimethoxy-benzophenone respectively. The treatment of antioxidant L-Ascorbic acid and UV absorber 4-4 dimethoxy-benzophenone provides satisfactory improvement of fastness properties than other antioxidants and UV absorbers. The results were mainly interpreted in terms of color strength, visual assessment of evenness and fastness ratings.
- ItemFRAME MODEL OF UNIAXIAL STRETCHING OF 1x1 RIB KNITS(Technical University of Liberec, ) Yelina, Tetiana; Halavska, Liudmyla; Bobrova, Svitlana; Shcherban, Volodymyr; Dzykovych, Tetiana; Technická univerzita v LiberciOne of the nowadays challenges is the development of scientific sound models of knitwear deformations. The paper is devoted to developing an algorithm for constructing a frame model of rib 1x1 knits stretched in the course or wale direction. In the process of uniaxial stretching, the shape of the sample depends on the tensile forces orientation. A frame model of a deformed knitted structure, and an algorithm of construction of a mesh frame, are developed during the study. The frame model makes it possible to find coordinates of intermeshing points of every stitch. Then yarn characteristic points can be determined that, in turn, serve as input data for the construction of 3D model of rib 1x1 structure under uniaxial tensile deformations at the yarn level of detail. The study provides a graphical tool for formalization of geometric transformation that happen during 2D deformations of knitted structures, characterized by gradual change of the specimens width crosswise to the loading direction. This model is intended to become a part of a general deformation model of knitted fabrics.
- ItemAPPLICATION OF JBATIK TECHNOLOGY IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF MOTIF DESIGN FOR TRADITIONAL BATIK CRAFTSMEN(Technical University of Liberec, ) Ciptandi, Fajar; Rosandini, Morinta; Lukman, Muhamad; Technická univerzita v LiberciThis participatory action study is aimed at identifying the adaptation level of traditional batik craftsmen in developing batik motif designs using jBatik software technology. The research participants consist of 10 traditional batik craftsmen, three from the innovators group and seven from the adopters group located in Kerek District, Tuban Regency, East Java Province, Indonesia. The application of jBatik technology will be carried out using the Diffusion of Innovation theory which divides the process stages into 5, namely the knowledge stage, persuasion stage, decision stage, implementation stage, and confirmation stage. The results of the theory application resulted in 4 things. First the knowledge about various social system variables and the characteristics of the innovation recipients. Second, the design of the communication model to include knowledge about the innovation of batik motif design as a result of the JBatik software. Third, the results of the simulation of the application of batik motif designs produced by the jBatik software with craftsmen. Fourth, validation of the simulation results of the application of batik motif design innovations by craftsmen by people who had the ability to measure the level of absorption of innovation, so that the level of adaptation of traditional craftsmen to the technological challenges of the jbatik device could be identified. This study contributes to determining the level of knowledge and basic skills possessed by traditional batik craftsmen to serve as a starting point in deciding innovation strategies to be solutions that can be implemented by them.